Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Nit-Picking Tragedy

Ahhh...internet access. I've been without you for too long, as I've spent the last many days wandering the winding country roads of Maryland in search of the meaning of life. Luckily I've found it, and I plan to slowly reveal the purpose of our collective existence through hidden clues in future blog entries. Tune in, Blogfans!

While we're on the subject, who wants to start a petition to have the hurricane retroactively renamed? It just doesn't seem fair that so much suffering has been at the hands of a natural disaster with such a wussy sobriquet. Hurricane Salvatore or Hurricane Macho Man Randy Savage would be fine, but Hurricane Katrina sounds like a toe-headed Girl Scout in knee socks blowing on a dandelion. And our history books simply deserve more, damn it.

6 comments:

Erik said...

I'll skirt being creative and quote Henry Rollins. Hurricane "The First Four Black Sabbath Albums."

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found myself feeling slightly annoyed last week that such a nasty hurricane had such a sweet girl's name. So I was thinking how about calling it Medea, who was after all both powerful and tragic?

Anonymous said...

uh... not to butt in here, but, in my experience it's always the ones with the sweet names that you have to watch out for. What? Sweet names? Y'know... like Heather.

Anonymous said...

You're all forgetting about the real issue here. What's the band Katrina & The Waves gonna do now?

Anonymous said...

TOE headed?

Paula Dixon said...

yeah...they're the ones who AREN'T so cute.