Thursday, March 13, 2008

War's "Why Can't We Be Friends" - The Translated Lyrics

I seen you 'round for a long long time
Hi, I'm your stalker.
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine
I'm a selfish drunk who holds grudges forever.
I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
When I was stalking you.
I called you but you could not look around
Why won't you look at me? I'm not crazy or anything.
I bring my money to the welfare line
I like to show off to poor people; I'm kind of a dick like that.
I see you standing in it every time
But I see a lot of weird shit, so who knows if you're really there.
The color of your skin don't matter to me
It's the color of your nipples that really bothers me.
As long as we can live in harmony
"Harmony" is what I call the 10'x10' dungeon in my basement.
I'd kinda like to be the President
Did I mention I'm also a bit of a sociopath?
So I can show you how your money's spent
It's spent on war. (No, not the band playing this song. The thing with guns and bombs.)
Sometimes I don't speak too bright
Which is why I thought I'd make a good President.
but yet I know what I'm talking about
You're not the boss of me. I'm the f**king President!
I know you're working for the CIA
It is not a conspiracy theory. Please stop saying that.
They wouldn't have you in the Mafia
Did I say you? I meant me. That goddamn elitist Mafia.
Why can't we be friends?
I just get so lonely sometimes.
Why can't we be friends?
Seriously, I won't call after 10 or act weird around your other friends or anything.
Why can't we be friends?
Don't be such an asshole.... Wait, I didn't mean to say that. Where are you going? I love you.
Why can't we be friends?
OK, fine. How about close acquaintances?

No comments: